Welcome to NextBigWhat Community!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
In this Discussion
Some features will be unavailable.
The Water Cooler
Other discussions that matter, questions that are important, trends you see.
The Water Cooler
What do you think of Mu Sigma's 150 Million$ Funding?
After about 7 years of starting off, Mu Sigma gets a cool funding from US Venture Capital company. Do you think Analytic's is going to be the next industry to look at?
Analytics, data mining and other such "big data" efforts are likely to be big in the coming years. The volume of "data" being produced has rapidly outstripped the tools that can make sense of it, and information (and noise) overload is a very real problem. The exact nature of the solutions is still an open question - whether open frameworks, point solutions or service delivery models will be the ones that gain prominence. I would also take a wild shot at creating tools that could be built into apps and other software to enable various aspects of this, rather than an isolated analytics solution.
- Totally! App tools will make it that much easier to serve a wider range in the market both technically and business-wise, as opposed to a single bulky solution.
It not "analytics" that is the next big thing - it has always been around. It is "Big Data" analytics that is the big thing. There are a bunch of trends in Big Data analytics around the world, crunching data for:
1. Hearing what customers are saying like analyzing Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels
2. Brand marketing - looking at responses of customers to specific brand campaigns and tracking interest generated
3. Media (TV/Audio) linkages to social media reactions e.g. why did a particular movie/saas-bahu serial get more TRP/viewership than others?
4. Customer retail trends - what are people buying, suggesting, what people want etc.
The data is there, the value is in what business problem will your startup solve.
So you have to pick and choose a niche and be the leader in that.
We at Accel have funded a couple of companies like these - MuSigma (we did Series A), and Position2 are to name a few.
If people are interested they can look at companies like - EfficientFrontier (recently acquired by Adobe) and Radian6
Add a Comment
for more updates on
India Online Industry